Microsoft Flow offers template collections which are organized by role or vertical. There are 9 templates offered to streamline Human Resource processes. One of the templates creates candidate profiles in SharePoint using Forms. As a spinoff of this template I want to address the new candidate interest process. For many HR departments, recruiting is an important and time intensive task. Gone are the days when job seekers are willing to fill out pages and pages of personal information just to be considered for employment. People interested in applying to a company need a quick way to send in their information. HR staff need to be notified when a new candidate is interested so they can swiftly take action. Employee referrals are also an important component of recruiting.
After seeing a lot of different solutions that companies are using to meet these requirements, I decided to make my own using Microsoft Flow, Forms, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook. Interested candidates fill out the form that was created in under 20 minutes using Microsoft Forms. When they submit the form the information gets added into fields in a SharePoint list item. A discussion message is then posted in a HR Team channel with a link to the new candidate SharePoint item. If an email is entered into the Referrer Email field, the person will be sent an approval email to approve or reject the candidate’s referral. The approval response will then be posted in a second message in the HR Team channel.
Prior to creating this Flow you will need to have: A new candidate form created with Forms, A SharePoint list that has fields to correspond with your form, an HR Team in Teams
SharePoint List Columns:
1. Create a new Flow from Blank
2. Search for “Forms” for the trigger and select When a new response is submitted.
3. Click Add an Action.
4. Search for “Forms” then select Get response details.
5. Select the form then choose Response Id from the dynamic content. The step will then automatically become an Apply to Each step.
ALL OF YOUR STEPS SHOULD FALL UNDER THE APPLY TO EACH STEP.
6. Click Add an Action.
7. Search for “SharePoint” then select Create item.
8. Select the Site Address, then the List Name. From Dynamic Content select the corresponding form question response for each field.
9. Click Add an Action.
10. Search for “Teams” then select Post a message.
11. Select The Team Id then the Channel Id. Enter in the message that you want posted to the Team.
12. Click Add an Action.
13. Search for “Approval” then select Send approval email. From Dynamic Content choose the form field that the employee referral email is in for to To field. Click on advanced options to edit the Message.
14. Click Add an Action.
15. Search for “Teams” then select Post a message.
16. Select The Team Id then the Channel Id. Enter in the message that you want posted to the Team making sure to include the SelectedOption and the candidates name to let the Team know if the employee referral was approved or not.
17. Click Save Flow.
Congratulations! You now are ready to test your Flow.